Talking in sleep

I thought I posted this here in case I forget...

At about 2 something in the morning, while I was trying to convince myself that I had to leave the comfy bed to pee, my husband turned towards me, frantically but blindly searching for something (again), and had his hands fumbling (rather roughly) all around my head. I'm assuming his eyes are closed and he is sleep-moving, if you will.

He finally 'found me' (a.k.a. something to hug), and put his arms around me, whimpering in his sleep.

'Awh..,' I thought. 'He's adorable...'

The next moment I know, he stops whimpering and starts humming to himself a lullaby of some sort. (This is not the first time he composes in his sleep.)

'I wish I could record this! Where's my phone? Urghh.. it's over there.'

After a while, there was a moment of silence as I am still 'imprisoned' by his cuddle. I wait and then I hear a fragment more of a hum - like for a second. (He must have been still singing to himself, it just didn't come out.)

Before I know it, all is quiet again.

As I readjusted my position, he restlessly moves off and I heap the blanket nicely over him(it was off again) and rush to the desperately needed bathroom break.

When I come back, I close the door and he startles. I had no idea if his eyes were open or if he was awake or asleep. But I know that he looked like he looked at me. Anyway, I got onto the bed and before you know it, he asks, "Who are you?".

=0 "I'm.. your lao po (wife)." And I try to comfort him.

"Don't.. don't.." =O And tosses his head away.

Guess what happens next? He sits up straight on the bed, "It's 7.30am. I have to go now. Bye."

@.@ I wait for him motionless.

He sat there for about 10 seconds and then shook his head and went back to sleep.

"It's 2.30am, da. Sleep."

"No such thing"

=O




Comments

Popular Posts