Best rates for Australian (AUS) dollars

14th August 2014

I'm trying to bank my money into an Australian account. Here is my findings on exchange rates:

This website is good: http://www.exchangerate.my/
It compares rates for me. Don't know how accurate it is, though.

  1. RHB Bank - TT: 2.882
    Too bad I don't have a RHB Bank account. Maybe it is time to get one! >.<
  2. Hong Leong Bank - Currency Notes: 3.001 TT:  2.9130
    Best rate ever for cash.
    03-76268899
  3. MV Forex, Mid Valley - called  +603 2284 4761 , no answer. Heard the queue is long. According to this other website: http://moneychangersintown.blogspot.com/2013/06/money-changers-in-mid-valley-megamall.html , they have pretty competitive prices but I guess we are going to have to go there to find out. Anyway, here is the MV Forex Mid Valley link: http://www.midvalley.com.my/tenant/MV_Forex/992790f0-c91b-460c-9918-3f988fe82bca/SHOP . They close at 10pm. I think that's a good reason to go there.
  4. My Money Master, Mid Valley - 3.005
  5. Best Rate Sdn Bhd, Mid Valley - 3.005

Of course - always call for the most current rates.

-----------

9th October 2014

Got an RHB Bank account 2 days ago. It was after office hours, so I got the Easy by RHB at Tesco, Paradigm Mall. Big mistake. Cost me RM20 Annual Fees for the Debit card. Anyways, it gives triple Tesco points. (Still want back my RM20, though! So not worth the points!)

Felt cheated. The lady didn't tell warn me about it, "Oh, just put in RM30 deposit, THAT'S ALL!"

The next day... Tadaa! My RM20 GONE!

Anyways.. back to the RHB topic. The only one worth opening because they give interest is the Bonus Saver. Apparently, all the other accounts doesn't give any interest.

And there is about RM27 charge per TT to Australia, no matter what the amount is, aside from the exchange rate. (BTW, just so you know, CIMB's charges are RM10, but higher exchange rate.)

Today, the exchange rate is 2.797 and I am putting it down here in case I forget. This is of course according to RHB's TT rates, not the normal forex you see on Google.

TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts