4 the record

 Today was my 4th time (thus the title) at LifePoint Tailem Bend aka Revival City Church Tailem Bend.

It’s also my second time playing the keyboard during the worship. I managed to play 3/4 songs this time. So.. we’re getting there. But if you count the closing song at the end,.. 4/6. That’s terrible.


Today, I brought tuna sandwiches. I’m saying it here because I just want to remember what I’ve been bringing. Logging purposes I guess. 

And for the record, if anyone asks, the real reason why I’ve been bringing food to share every week, other than the more official answer, “because Jesus fed the people.” Is, “because I love seeing Him multiply the food.” Yes. The first week, when I brought egg sandwiches 🥪 (and later found out that some people were allergic to egg *gasp*), I only used 6 eggs and brought back 3 pieces of leftovers. The second week, it was sausage sizzle. I counted every piece, so this one was a bit tricky. But today, I only used 1 can of tuna. Yes, for the whole church. And brought back leftover tuna. No kidding. I wonder what I’ll be bringing next week,.. hmmmmmmm…. (Oh, and I made eggless Mayo to go with that! For the record!)


Today, we discussed about Christmas. I have been trying not to think of anything because seriously, when nobody can think of anything, I’ll usually be jumping with ideas. But I seriously just need to focus on serving in the worship team, so trying desperately not to think of anything. But argh.. I gave in and now have ideas on teaching the kids AND the youth (what am I thinking?!) flag dancing. Yes! It’s a thing. Well, in my world, that is. Oh, did I mention, I come from an entirely different planet called Latter Rain Church? Yes, don’t Google it. You’ll misunderstand completely. We don’t have a website. Those you see on Google aren’t related to us. For the record!


Elisha did not come today because he didn’t want to spread whatever he had — whatever it was. No, not covid. But I dragged him in after church anyway, because the music director (no names mentioned here — for the record!) kept asking about him and suddenly mentioned something like he was going for surgery and they’ll have to depend on the keyboard and I blurted out, “Elisha!” Yes, please DO NOT depend on the keyboard. Where’s my hero when I need him?! So ta-daa he came to save, walking in at the end of the meeting (with mask on! For the record!). I insisted he spoke to the Music Director, so yea. He came! Saved!


Oh and more than half the people did not come today including the worship leader’s wife and the pastor’s wife. Either sick or caring for the sick, so yea… guess half the church was sick too!

Why did I say “For the record!” so many times?!



Comments

Popular Posts