The Christmas Loot

I remember a couple of other mothers sharing how God has miraculously provided for them esp this Christmas season. I kept them all in my heart -- how someone found a bag of presents in her garden etc. and then just after Christmas, we delivered a cake and some presents to a Salvation Army captain for his birthday but as we left saw in the back mirror some pink colored plastic poking out of a corner under a pile of hard rubbish outside one of the neighbouring houses so I made a U-turn and found out it was an as new Barbie picnic table but most of all, that hidden under a broken sofa there were two very large bags and a large box of clothes, toys, shoes and bedding. There was no way anyone would have noticed all that without digging. We loaded the car till there was no space left! Trunk was full and had to put stuff under all my girls legs. 99% were in as new condition: girl clothes that fit each of my girls, ladies clothes exactly my size (I'm rather small), girl toys that are better than their Christmas presents, including a Barbie car which I couldn't afford. They were so new, that when I came home, my husband got angry because he thought I went on a shopping spree without telling him. In my mind, was 'where on earth would I get that kind of money? We both know how empty our bank accounts are.' In fact, it was just the day before when I had a look at our bank accounts that were so dry that I had to take a screenshot of them for memories. 


As I wash, fold and keep the clothes, I am still being surprised over and over again at the loot I just picked up and it is overwhelming. I just had to share this somewhere. I am touched beyond words. A Christmas present from my Lord to us. (Hubby didn't get anything but my youngest got a T-shirt that says, "I ❤️ Dad". So I think that's everyone!)

Comments

Popular Posts